I'm not a fan of the buzz cut, for men or women, but I recently saw pictures of Natalie Portman's shaved head from 2006 again, and hers makes me really appreciate a good buzz. Besides other things she's known for, Black Swan (Natalie with hair! but 20lbs less of the rest of her body), The Professional, Vendetta, her Golden Globe speech, I have to say that this haircut is one of my favorite things she's done.
Bald Natalie
So many variables! The shape of your head, the size of your forehead, your hairline, facial features, ears, eyebrows, probably how long your neck is too. A lot of things could go wrong, and there's the risk factor associated with it: you won't know for sure if you look good without hair until it's gone. Its shock value (for women) and nothing else to hide behind. But I still commend any girl who goes for it, whether or not she figures out she shouldn't do it again, and guys who can pull it off well.
No comments:
Post a Comment